Pre-Kindergarten is an exciting time in the academic and social life of your child. Our Preschool Academy: Kindergarten Enrichment program for 4 – 5 year olds provides a nurturing environment where your child’s natural curiosity is used as a springboard to learn skills that are necessary for success in school. In our teaching approach, teachers and children are active partners in the learning process. This balanced approach to adult-child interaction — also called “intentional teaching” — is critical to the effectiveness of the program.
- We created a learning environment that supports young children thinking abilities, learning processes, social competencies and development.
- Our teaching team ensures that curricula experiences (creative representation, language and literacy, initiative and social relations, classification, number, space and time) are all aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards.
- Technology is a big element of the instructional cycle with Preschoolers. Each classroom has computers and comprehensive listening centers. Kids Way Software assists our teaching team in promoting letter recognition, memory skills, fine motor dexterity, problem solving, multicultural awareness, matching, counting, writing and music note understanding.
- Children who will turn 4 years old before September 15th participate in our Pre-Kindergarten program. The Ohio Public Schools generally accept children who are 5 years by the above date.
Our curriculum-based learning focuses on three areas of development:
- Cognitive – Foster child’s ability to problem solve and enhance language skills.
- Physical– Assist child in developing his/her large and small muscle skills and to feel confident in using them.
- Socio-emotional – Help the child to feel comfortable at the Center, and develop a sense of trust, independence, and belonging.
Preschool Academy: Kindergarten Enrichment
Ages 4-5 years
Ratio of Teachers to Kindergarteners 1 teacher for 12 children
Number of Kindergarteners in Classroom 24
Teachers Meet the Teachers
Curriculum Creative Curriculum