Learning Program Goals
Our goal is to aid children in their active exploration and to help them become self reliant, confident and enthusiastic learners.
Children learn through play. Our program provides your child with an opportunity to learn through play, which is the preparation he/she needs to understand many concepts. For example, before children understand the concept ‘hard and soft’ they need to experience the feeling by working with pudding art and building blocks.
Our curriculum-based learning focuses on three areas of development:
- Cognitive – Foster child’s ability to problem solve and enhance language skills.
- Physical– Assist child in developing his/her large and small muscle skills and to feel confident in using them.
- Socio-emotional – Help child to feel comfortable at the Center, develop sense of trust, independence, and belonging.
About Our Curriculum
Early Steps Learning Center provides structured lesson plans to guide teachers and encourages teachers to adapt the plans to their classroom and inject their own creativity and experiences. In all of our teachings we strive to make our learning experiences innovative and enjoyable for the children! Our learning program aims to develop well-rounded children by exposing them to a wide variety of areas such as:
- Science, mathematics, reading/pre-writing, and fine arts to develop a love and confidence of the core educational building blocks.
- Computer exposure to help prepare for future academic challenges.
- Sign Language and Spanish to build communication skills, which will prepare your child to handle rapidly changing dynamics of our society.
Our Curriculum is divided into nine monthly units from September to May, followed by our exciting Summer Program. Each unit will be introduced to our parents with an informational letter that describes what your child will be learning and concepts and skills that he or she will practice.