What makes Early Steps Learning Center different from other child care programs?
“Our mission is to provide a nurturing, safe, and secure environment infused with learning and fun. We value the trust families place in us and are committed to developing confident, caring, knowledgeable children with the tools to be leaders in their families and communities.
ESLC’s adopted curriculum is implemented from infancy through school-age. Our curriculum is based on the belief that children learn through play, exploration, and hands-on experiences.
We recognize that each child is unique and has distinctive developmental needs. Our curriculum and ongoing assessment system embrace such differences in growth and development.
We believe that we can impact each child, each family, and each community by providing experiences that last a lifetime.”
– Angela Barringer, Director
5 Star-Rated Child Care Center
ESLC takes pride in practicing standards that are higher than state requirements. Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s voluntary quality rating system for Ohio-licensed child care programs which recognizes early care and education programs that exceed quality benchmarks over and above Ohio’s licensing standards.
The steps are based on national research identifying the key benchmarks that lead to improved outcomes for children. These benchmarks include:
- low child to staff ratios
- teachers and staff have higher education qualifications
- teachers and staff receive ongoing training
- teachers use a written plan of activities that covers all areas of development
- program builds relationship with families
Early Steps Learning Center is proud to be a 5 star-rated center under this state program. For complete program information, visit the Step Up to Quality Parents Web Page.
Top Reasons Families Love Early Steps Learning Center
Philosophy of Care – Our staff is devoted to our philosophy of providing a safe, secure, caring and stimulating environment to help our children develop socially, emotionally and intellectually.
Communications Commitment – We strongly believe in partnering with parents as a team to raise our children with the best possible experiences and opportunities.
Exceptional Education – Our curriculum-based programs are customized to each child Special programs such as Spanish, Sign Language, Christian Club give our children even more opportunities to learn and grow
8 Quick ESLC Facts
- child care with exceptional education programs
- serving Cleveland are families since 2003
- locally owned and operated
- 3 locations! Chardon Road and Richmond Road in Richmond Heights and Drenik Drive in Wickliffe.
- caring for children 6 weeks through 12 years old
- 12 hours a day, Monday through Friday
- full and part time care
- fully licensed by the State of Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Visit the ODJFS website for reports.
Join our Family
We invite you to schedule a tour and learn about our unique approach from our dedicated team.
We look forward to getting to know your family!