Our teachers, staff, and volunteers are looking forward to taking our preschoolers on the annual Preschool Pedestrian Safety Walk tomorrow!
You can practice with your little ones using the Pedestrian Safety Tips below, provided by USA Safe Kids Worldwide.
Pedestrian Safety: Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not cross the street alone if you’re younger than 10 years old.
- If under the age 10 years old hold an adult’s hand.
- Do stop at the curb before crossing the street.
- Don’t run across the street, walk.
- Do cross at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Do look left, right, and left again before crossing.
- Do walk facing ongoing traffic.
- Make sure drivers see you before crossing in front of them.
- Do not play in driveways, streets, parking lots or unfenced yards by the street.
- Wear white clothing or reflectors when walking at night.
- Cross at least 10 feet in front of a school bus. Do not cross unless bus driver says it is safe. Do not cross behind the bus or where the driver can’t see you.